Friday, May 7, 2010

Tribute to Mothers

My Mom Always Said....

Besides Jesus Christ, the greatest blessing in my life has been my MOTHER! She has always been there for me, helping me, guiding me, supporting me – and sharing her infinite wisdom with me….. Here are a few words of wisdom she gave me - - -

Money does not grow on trees.  Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.  If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....   Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.   Be careful or you'll put your eye out.  What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too? You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!   Close that door! Were you born in a barn?   If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.    Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!   Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.   Don't eat those, they will stunt your growth.   What's meant to be, is meant to be. (Mom only used this when something bad happened or when you experienced a disappointment.)  It doesn't matter what you accomplish, I'll always be proud of you.   I hope that when you grow up, you have kids "Just Like you"!   Because I'm your mother that's why.   This is why we can't have nice things.   If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.   Eat your vegetables, those children in China would be happy to have some broccoli to eat!   If you fall out of that tree and break you leg , don't come running to me.   Cheer up, the worst is yet to come. (Usually said in advance of grounding.)   Someday your face is going to stick like that.   Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.   Yes, I *AM* the boss of you.   Because I said so.   Just wait till your father gets home.   No dessert till you clean off your plate.   I brought you into this world and I can take you OUT !!   I've got eyes in the back of my head, that's how…   Get that thing out of your mouth! (or nose).   Just you wait until you have kids of your own - then you'll understand!   I slave for hours over a hot stove and this is the thanks I get?!   Honestly... You'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on! Bored! How can you be bored?   I was never bored at your age.   If you’re bored, I can find something for you to do!!!   Who'll end up walking, bathing and feeding it...?

May God bless our mothers, now and forever!

3 comments:

  1. My mom always use to say If I live through you I will be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would say you get the opportunity to do dishes, I am not paying you I am telling you to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember hearing this comment Don't make me come in there

    ReplyDelete